Grocery/Deals

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cleaning

I get asked all the time "How do you have time to clean with six kids"? The answer...I don't! Most of the time my house is a mess. It's hardly ever spotless. It's just too hard to keep a house spotless with six kids.

I've decided that I'm going to make it a goal of mine to take my house back! I'm going to start a series of cleaning post. I'm going to pick a room per day to clean that room spotless. I figure working on one a day until I get the upstairs done is a good plan. Now that doesn't mean that once that room gets done I won't clean that room again for 6 more days. There are 7 room upstairs. Study, Living room, Kitchen, Girls room, bathroom, my bedroom, and the laundry room.

Why do I keep saying upstairs, well I'm not doing the basement right now. Our basement flooded and my husband has ripped carpet out of the basement and taken all the ruined items to the dump. We don't live in the basement anymore, so I'm not going to worry about that right now.

I'm thinking the way I'll do this is to start in one room. I'll take before and after pictures (of course), then I'll do my normal laundry, dishes etc. Then when the next day rolls around I'll clean a different room, do my normal and spend 15 minutes in the room I picked up the day before (if need be).

I'm really trying to figure out a good cleaning "schedule" for me and my family. Of course I'll make the kids do chores also. Hubby will be helping also. I know some of you are probably freaking out and saying "What he works and has to do chores in the house". You're damn right he does! I baby sit in the home and take care of the kids every single day. It's our home not just "my" home. Everyone needs to take pride in their home and clean it.

How do you clean your home? Do you have a schedule? I really need to start a good schedule for the whole family. Right now some rooms in my house aren't really that bad and others are awful. Like my bedroom! My bedroom is the worst room in the house!

Help! Give me ideas! Tell me your thoughts. Anyway, enough rambling the "cleaning" journey begins tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment