Grocery/Deals

Monday, April 12, 2010

Wow, now that's great parenting NOT!

I just about lost it at my 5 year olds Tball game tonight! I really had to watch my mouth.

We get there and get all settled in our chairs. It's chilly I'm even a little chilly with my jeans and T-shirt on. My girls put on extra shirts and had their blankets. A lady pulls her double stroller next to us. I look and smile and say "hello". My oldest asks her how old her baby is. The lady replies 5 weeks. Now keep that in mind while reading the rest of this post.

So the baby starts to cry. The lady talking to herself says "Of course your Daddy didn't pack your passie, and your bottle is in the car". She picks the child up and starts to beat him on the back. I do mean beat because those pats where loud. She then starts holding this baby like a sack of potatoes. He has on a t-shirt and a thin blanket somewhat covering him up. The baby is crying like crazy. I ask her (because I saw her letting someone else hold him) if she would like me to rock him. She says "No, it's ok he is just hungry". OMG then go get his bottle out of the car.
She puts him back in the car seat. He keeps crying. I'm losing my mind because I can't stand to hear this little baby crying because he is hungry. She pulls him out of the car seat and puts him tummy down on her legs. While she's trying to take pictures of her two kids playing ball. I ask her if she would like me to hold him while she takes pictures.
No, he is ok, he's just hungry. Ok lady you've told me that twice, feed your baby!!!!
She then calls the baby's father over and tells him to go get the baby's bottle out of the car. While Dad takes 10 minutes (no joke) to get this baby's bottle this lady is beating the poor baby's back and saying "Come on (child's name)". Her 4 year old comes over and sits down and she says "Here take your brother" and puts the baby in his arms. By this point the baby has no blanket on him and is screaming.
Dad gets back and fixes the bottle. Mom hands the baby to him and he feeds him for a little bit, with no blanket wrapped around him (it's very chilly by this time).
Then as if all this isn't bad enough. The father puts the baby in the car seat, and puts the bottle in his mouth and puts the blanet under the bottle and walks off. Mom's running her mouth to other people.

People like these people should NOT have children!

3 comments:

  1. Even my 12 year old told me when we got home "Mom, did you see how that lady was treating that baby"? "I wanted to go take that baby away from her".

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Before I say much more I'm going to say I really hope it was just a bad day for the family. It's sad when parents don't think things out. Hey it's going to be cold outside so lets grab an extra blanket or two or a sleeper. That's just wrong that she let him cry so long because he was hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I have no idea how you held your cool.... I was losing my mind just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete