Grocery/Deals

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Love and Blessed

I've always loved the relationship that I see between my Grandparents. The love they share. It's one of those marriages that you look at and say "I want a love like that". My Grandparents have been married 52 years (I believe). In this day and age that's not the normal. You here about people getting divorced left and right. My parents were divorced, my husband's parents are divorced. When my husband and I started talking about marriage (no joke on our first date), we both said that when we got married it would be forever. I look at all the couples that have been married for so many years (like my Grandparents) and I think "how"? How do they do it? What are things that make a strong marriage and a marriage that lasts?

I know not every marriage is perfect, and all marriages have ups and downs. A marriage is a lot of work. I don't feel like my marriage is failing, but I just feel like there is always room for improvement. I think one thing we've done this year to improve our marriage is we've added Christ to it. We joined a church and Bible study class. I think that's made us closer.

Today at church I sat in tears as we prayed during service. I sat in tears as we prayed in Bible study. Happy tears, but tears! I felt overwhelmed with the feeling of being so blessed! You see a couple that we know and love are leaving for China on Thursday morning to pick up the twins they are adopting. They tried for years to have a baby of their own, and have been on the waiting list to adopt for over five years. This is such and huge and wonderful blessing for them. I was overwhelmed with happiness for them. I was overwhelmed by the feeling of how blessed I am.

God has blessed me with 6 wonderful healthy children. Today being one of their birthdays at that. Getting pregnant for me wasn't always easy either. I had 3 losses between my 4th and 5th daughters. At the time I questioned God as to how he could keep taking these babies from me. I didn't understand why he would have me suffer so much. I now understand and have to remember that I thank God for all the good things that happen in my life, but I also need to pray and thank him for the bad things as well. I have to keep in mind that things could always be harder or worse on me. God only gives you what you can handle. I thank him every day for my family!

Today my 3rd daughter turned 6. I started looking through the pictures that I have saved on my computer and remembering all the fun times we've shared. I'm so thankful for those times with my children, and look forward to many more good times with them.

I sit and pray very day for my friends that have trouble having babies, have lost babies, and those that are becoming parents for the first time. It really is such a wonderful blessing. I'm so happy for our friends who are going to meet their children for the first time and I pray all goes well. I hope those sweet baby girls bond quickly with their new mommy and daddy and that all involved know how blessed they are. I know the parents to be feel very blessed and I know the little girls one day will also.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment