Some people just have some nerve! I baby sit for two families. I've been baby sitting for both families for about the same amount of time. One family I wouldn't trade for anything in the world, the other well they have their days. Today being one of them!
I've told all my parents that I don't baby sit sick children! I don't know anyone who does. I mean come on if I child is sick not only do you run the chance of passing it to your own children and yourself, but the other children you watch. Not to mention what sick kid wants to be with a sitter or at school? They would rather be home with mom. Right???
So the one mom shows up here with her son today, half an hour late at that. Comes in and here is the talk we have...
Her: He says he isn't feeling good, but he just wants to stay home from school today.
Me: What's wrong with him.
Her: No answer
Me: Sweetie what's wrong with you. (talking to the child)
Him: My throat hurts
Her: He just doesn't want to go to school.
Me: Strep and a stomach bug has been going around.
Her: Well I told him he could stay with you today (pulling his lunch out of his bag)
Me: No, he can't stay here with me if he is sick.
Her: (putting the lunch back in the backpack) Well then your going to school.
She's lucky I kept him and took him to school. But, seriously if your child is sick why would you take them to school or the sitters house? Now he might have been wanting to stay home, but he might have been sick. He felt a tiny bit warm to me, but wasn't running a fever. It could have just been allergies etc. I've had a little sore throat when I wake up and I'm guessing mine is from allergies. People like that drive me nuts! She's called me before and said "So and so was running a fever this morning, but I've given him meds and I'm bringing him over". NO, your not. If your child is running a fever they can spread it to my children. Not to mention the rule at school is fever free for 24 hours before returning. GRR!!
Thoughts
12 years ago


Gosh, is it even worth the money? Find a new family!! Even just for being late all the time ;)
ReplyDeleteUntil I can find another family to baby sit for, I'm going to have to deal with it. I use that baby sitting money for gas each week:(
ReplyDeleteseriously this kind of parents are damn selfish.
ReplyDeletei know one of them, her son school already have 4 students infected with H1N1. During weekends she still send her son to daycare when his son is still having fever. The last time is her son is having chicken pox and still not fully recovered and she still send to daycare... seriously this 2 incidents really freaks me up when i think of sending my son to daycare.