Grocery/Deals

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Starting March off right:)

So, yesterday was March 1st! I'm so happy that Spring is getting closer and closer. Although it's snowing outside today:(

After 5 children I've decided I'm going to make my own baby food for Avery! Not only will it be cheaper than regular baby food, I will know just what is going in it. I went out and bought a food processor, and 2 sweet potatoes. I figured I would start there. So I researched how to make baby food and man does it sound easy. Well it is very easy. I washed the two sweet potatoes, poked holes in them with a fork, wrapped them in foil and baked them in the oven. Well they were baking I cleaned some:) Pull them out of the oven, let them cool, pull the skins off and threw them in the food processor with some water. Filled the ice tray, put it in a ziplock and threw it in the freezer.





Store baby food .47 cents per jar, or .98 cents for a two pack (every where I live). It cost me $1.10 for two sweet potatoes and that gave me 16 meals for her at .06 cents a serving. AWESOME!

Even better, I plant a garden every year and can use the veggies from there to make her baby food....which means FREE! I haven't given her the baby food yet, because I started her on oatmeal yesterday. Which she loves! I'll have to take pictures when I give her the sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment